Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

November 6, 2010

Black Bottom Cake from Kathy Vlach

Here is a recipe from (hmm...how do I phrase this) my ex-sister-in-law, Kathy
Vlach. I am lucky that I still have a great relationship with my ex-inlaws.
They are all wonderful people & I am grateful that we still have an awesome
connection. Do to the fact that I live 1100 miles away, we do not get together
often enough. But they have remained a constant in my life. Anyway, it's cake
time!
This is called a Black Bottom Cake & here is Kathy's recipe for this Holiday
Dessert.

Black Bottom Cake

1 box Devils Food cake mix.
cream cheese mixture

Mix as directed adding 1 teaspoon vinegar
Pour into prepared 13x9 pan

Cream Cheese Mixture:
2 8oz cream cheese packages softened
1 egg beaten
1cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt (less if you so desire)
1 12oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
mix together & swirl  through the cake batter waiting in your 13x9 pan. Bake time
as according to cake box. (may need a bit longer...handy eyeballing technique
comes in handy here)

Allow to cool & serve to loving family (or your family if you can't find a
loving one to serve cake to) Kidding!
Kathy says she likes to eat this cake when it is cold.


Here is my incredible ex-sister-law Kathy & her husband John.
Thanks for sharing the recipe for you Black Bottom Cake with me Kathy. Hugs to you & the family! 


I am thankful for the people in my life & for cake


Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from cool folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!

0 comments:

Post a Comment