Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

March 20, 2011

My Grandkids Need Hats For The Frozen Tundra!

 Hello Blogland. Today I am sharing with you the first in a series of crafts called " Hats for the Grandkids". I have had this yarn for a bit since learning that one of my granddaughter's favorite dolls is Strawberry Shortcake. Since the doll has been given a makeover, her style has changed for the better. Here is the newest Strawberry Shortcake with her updated hat:





 Now to wow & amaze you, a photo of the hat I made for my granddaughter:











 Now for a close up shot:







All I have left to do is sew some red beads onto the pink portion of the hat for the little seedy type things. I did not have a pattern for this & just made it up as I went along. I think it turned out pretty good considering I winged it.
I guess I will have to go over the hat & write down what I did in making it. (stitches, rows...etc.) I should have written it down as I went but that would have been too easy!

 I plan on making a scarf to go along with this & then onto hats & scarves for my three grandsons.


Stay tuned for those!






Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from cool folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!











13 comments:

  1. That is GORGEOUS WITH A CAPITAL G!!! Cutest kid hat ever, Beth, I love it! Esp. the little green leaves. You chose the EXACTLY perfect colors of yarn.

    And I'm cracking up at your sinuses animation today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just visiting from Monday Mingle already a follower...

    You can visit here

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. I hope you stop by DIY Home Sweet Home and link up to More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made that without a pattern?!? I'm so impressed. What a fun hat! Your grandkids will love what you make for them. My grandpa knitted me wool hats and I love 'em. Such great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, this is adorable! My daughter would love this!

    Warm Wishes,
    Jodie

    www.lovelaughteranddecor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky girl!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpack for your kid from Paige Holliday Designs. All you have to do is leave a comment. ends 3/23.

    Your granddaughter will love it!

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so darn cute! Fabulous job! I bet she looks adorable in it! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I bet your granddaughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Your granddaughter is one lucky girl. :) Thank you for linking up to my K.I.S.S. blog bash last week. This weeks blog bash is in full swing again!! If you haven't already please be sure & link up more of your creativity, I look forward to seeing all your great ideas. :)

    Drop by The Tattered Tag

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too, too cute! Love this- thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, that's adorable! Thanks for linking to our YARN IT ALL Party! :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so cute! I used to love Strawberry Shortcake when I was a kid. Glad she's making a comeback.

    ReplyDelete