Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

March 18, 2011

What I Did With My Funky Frame

 Hello Blogland....yes, I have been kinda popping in & out lately. Packing to move out of state really bites like a big dog. Getting boxes & what not, trying to see everyone you want to see before you move. Wow, takes a toll on you. Anyway, in between all of that I managed to finish something today! The Funky Frame I redid a while ago. Remember, it looked like this at first:




 Now those of you that know even just a teeny tiny little bit about me know that this frame & picture is so not me.
If you also remember, I could not remove the picture from the mat because it was printed onto the mat itself. So I ended up spray painting the whole thing one solid color.


While I was waiting for inspiration to smack me between the eyes, I saw this post by Annie from Originate And Renovate






Annie took paper dolls & dressed them up with fabric to make some adorable art for her daughter's room. I even commented on her site that I would keep this idea in mind for something for my granddaughter, Jessica.  But then I thought, "Huh...what about something for me for that frame I have no idea what to do with"?

So I hit the Goggle search & looked for paper dolls more to my sick & twisted taste. I struck gold! with these from an artist called "esscoh" on deviantart.com



 Actually, there are two different panels of this doll based on Helena Bonham Carter's character Mrs. Lovett from Sweeny Todd.  I knew right away that this was what my frame needed.

The only thing was that the panel above had a small border & this one below did not.
The background had a different color also but not so much as to deter me. I needed to make sure they looked the same on the border.
 So after printing the doll panels, some cutting & some double sided tape action & the hot glue gun with some felt ribbon I had in my Stash O' Supplies:




 my plan was coming together.


I got my cleaned glass from it's safe place in the garage & put everything back together.





Don't ya just Lovett?(sorry...I could not pass that one up)

These pictures were taken today but my camera has a mind of it's own when it comes to the date....gotta figure out how to turn that off.

This will go great somewhere in the house we are moving to in PA. in a matter of a couple of weeks.  I wanted to say thanks to Annie for the idea & to the artist esscoh for the inspiring design of the Mrs. Lovett paper doll.






Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from cool folks like yourself.
Become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too, I love the company!







 


9 comments:

  1. haha that is awesome! I'm a DeviantArtist must go fav those dolls :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool and now that frame is so you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! This made me smile. It's great we can find things out there to make everyone happy. I love the dolls. Very unique and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so great! I love Helena Bonham Carter! She always plays the best characters! Good luck with your move and thank you for visiting Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence again! Always love to see your link ups!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do realize this belongs in Savannah's room? Brilliant project, and the results are just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this! grat job. Thanks for sharing and sof linking up to the handamde hog:)

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your link up on Boufee e Bambini, this is aweome. I love the paper doll style you found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! What a great idea. My kids are all into DA. Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty With It.

    ReplyDelete