Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

May 5, 2013

Walk MS Walk Update

Twice in one day Blogland! Yay me! I wanted to let you all know how great the Walk MS walk went last weekend. Okay, yes it rained like a beast as soon as the opening comments were done, But hey, good cause & all that right?



Meet Jim. Jim used to work at Tobacco World before his MS became too bad. Jim is a trooper though. This wickedly awesome guy managed to do a mile in the pouring rain!



June & I walked on Jim's team. I didn't get to make it to Maryland to walk on my son-in-law's team. (my son-in-law was diagnosed with MS late last year)


Doggies showed up too!




Some even wore the walk colors!


There were babies:




And there were baby dolls:





DJ




Here is Jim with his daughter





Some of the walkers
(June is in the right hand corner of this shot looking confused about something)



We made a new friend



Yay Balloons!



There goes Jim. Starting his walk!


Refreshment stand at the half way point




They even fed us afterwards!




Even though we got soaked, it turned out to be a great day. Loads of caring people all coming together for a good cause.

June & I plan to start our fund raising earlier next year. Hopefully we will raise more than $1,600.00.



Did you join any fund raising events this year? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.





Don't forget to become a follower of Wiccan Make Some Too. Hey, all the cool kids are doing it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment