Where the Crafty come to meet

Where the Crafty come to meet! Come on in & take a look around. I think you will like what you see & I know you will be inspired by something in here. So take a look see & don't forget to hit the follow button! Blessed Be.

August 10, 2014

Diaper Bumble Bee


 Wickedly awesome morning to all of Blogland!

Today I want to show you my Diaper Bumble Bee that I made for a Bumble Bee themed baby shower recently. 



I based it on a youtube video on how to make a diaper owl.

Revamped it to suit my needs for the occasion. 

Here is the link, cause I won't bore you with how I made it.
(plus mine was chocked full of what some consider impolite wording)



After going through a rough time making the watermelon cradle for the same shower, I was ready to toss in the towel so to speak. I had the day before to make the shower cake (maybe I will post that later), the watermelon cradle & prepare for a visit from my youngest daughter & her family. Needless to say, there was some stress involved in that weekend. My daughter arrived at my house after a 4 hour drive maybe ten minutes after I left for the baby shower.
 I had the weekend plus Monday & Tuesday off from work & yes, I could have used a vacation after that!




I searched high & low for a yellow onesie that was not for a baby girl, since the mom to be is having a boy.

No such luck.

I ended up getting a hooded duck bath towel by Carter's. I wrapped it around the body of my Bee & hid it around the back with the duck face facing inward so it could not to be seen. I added black ribbon strips on the body as well. also black pipe cleaner antennas. 





He was a big hit at the shower. Almost didn't make him because of time issues but I am so glad I made myself go ahead with it.

Love the big black flower eyes I found a Michael's on clearance! They had clips on the back so I just clipped them to the diaper eyes I had formed. They fit magically!
Big giant rubber bands also helped in this creation. One has to give credit where credit is due you know! 









Diaper wings really set it off too in my eyes.

Hope this gives you inspiration to try & create something magical & different.  Don't say you can't until you try.





Sharing at these wickedly awesome sites: 





Lil\'Luna


















The Idea Room



Don't forget to leave a comment. I love hearing from wickedly
awesome people like yourself. Become a follower of 
Wiccan Make Some Too & be part of an amazing group of folks. Hey, all the"cool" kids are doing it!





0 comments:

Post a Comment